Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Man In Writing

I don't know what it is about going to new places but it always makes me think about the type of man I want in my life. Maybe its the idea that I could find him any random day and in any random place so I'm looking for hints as to what I should pay attention to. But here he is (or at least my relationship with him):

Listen baby,
Look me in the eye and tell me that you love me.
Not just because you mean it, but because you simply can't help it.
Let the words slip out of your mouth when you're not thinking,
And slide off your tongue like water.
Let them drip onto me,
Reminding me that you're here

The truth is, you don't have to tell me. I know it.
I can't take my eyes off you.
So one more time, look me in the eye.
Otherwise I'm just staring,
Staring at you, but not with you.

No,
Hide me in your chocolate irises
I promise I won't blind you.
Wrap me in your dark arms,
Think of me as the energy you need
I swear I won't cut your strength away.
I just wanna love ya.

But you know it, don't you?
What everyone else doesn't
That every great man always knew his great woman was behind him
So he didn't sacrifice time looking back to check on her.
Because when the home stretch was close by
In any struggle, on any track,
Only the weak looked back and the rest passed swiftly.

So look me in the eye for the last time,
Take me in and don't forget my face.
Think of me when you're just that close
But don't you dare look again.
Because I'll always be here
And you know it.




No comments:

Post a Comment